Sennelier Oil Stick 759 Mars Black - 38ml
Oil stick is a aterial that allows approaching oil painting in a different way, expanding the artist's freedom of expression. Made from excellent quality materials: pure pigments are ground and mixed in vegetable-based oils, which have a low degree of yellowing over time. They are particularly resistant to light. They work with the traditional aux + Read More
- Oil stick is a aterial that allows approaching oil painting in a different way, expanding the artist's freedom of expression.
- Made from excellent quality materials: pure pigments are ground and mixed in vegetable-based oils, which have a low degree of yellowing over time. They are particularly resistant to light.
- They work with the traditional auxiliaries of oil paints (solvents, oils, etc.) to achieve sophisticated styles.
- They are suitable for: canvas, cardboard, paper and cardboard.
- To be applied in thin layers (not thicker than 1mm). You can paint over the layers again. It dries within 2 to 5 days depending on the thickness of the layer and the atmospheric conditions.
- Transparent medium (No 003) is also available to achieve greater transparency and glossiness in the colors.
- Before painting, remove the protective crust over the Oil stick. The crust regenerates after a few days without use.
- They are stored for a long time, as long as you avoid exposing them to heat sources that can damage them.
- Can be varnished like normal oil paints, after a minimum drying period of 6 months, using oil painting varnishes.
- 38ml Dimensions approx. Ø20mm - 130mm.
- 96ml Dimensions approx. Ø30mm - 148mm.
Color FamilyBlack & Grey
Product TypeOil Sticks
Color NameMars Black
Pigment NamePBk11-Mars Black
Chemical Nameiron oxides
Chemical FormulaFeO or Fe2O3
Mars Black is an opaque black with a strong and cool masstone, a slightly warm tint, and a warm brown undertone. It is not as black as Ivory Black, but it dries more quickly and has three times the tinting strength. Mars Black is normally the only black available in acrylic form and that is safe to over paint. It can be used in all media without reservation and is widely used as an alternative to Lamp Black and Ivory Black.
Mars Black is very lightfast with excellent permanence.
Mars Black has no significant hazards and is the only major black pigment considered non-toxic.
The word Mars refers to the Roman god of iron and war. Mars Black was developed in the early 20th century from inorganic, synthetic iron oxide.
No files available
No reviews yet