Smooth-On Silicone Pigments Silc Pig™ 9 Colours Set
Ultra-concentrated pigments suitable for coloring silicone.A very small amount is usually sufficient for to achieve intense coloring making them very economical to use.They are designed as a coloring agent for silicone systems (tin based and platinum based) .Indicative pigment ratio by weight: 0.01%-3% of the total weight of the silicone we want to + Read More
- Ultra-concentrated pigments suitable for coloring silicone.
- A very small amount is usually sufficient for to achieve intense coloring making them very economical to use.
- They are designed as a coloring agent for silicone systems (tin based and platinum based) .
- Indicative pigment ratio by weight: 0.01%-3% of the total weight of the silicone we want to color. Do not overload with pigment the silicones as this can lead to prevention of curing/drying. Indicative empirical ratio of pigment per volume: About 10 drops of pigment per 100ml total volume of the silicone we want to color.
- The user determines the amount to add. If this is your first time adding colorant to a silicone system, you may need to test the color effect by adding a few drops to a small amount of silicone material and observe the effect. It may take a few trials to achieve the desired color result.
- Mixing colors: Mix different colors in a palette to create a new color (and then add the color in silicone).
- Liquid pigments can have a negative effect on the physical properties of a material if too much pigment is added.
- The final silicone hardness can be reduced due to coloring. The reduction depends on the amount of pigment. In some materials the change is permanent (5-10 degrees reduction in hardness) and in others the hardness may increase slowly over time to the expected value.
- Storage and use: Wear vinyl or nitrile gloves. The pigment should be used and stored at 23°C and up to 12 months after opening.
- Caution: If your silicone is not clear or colorless you may not be able to achieve the coloring you want. We recommend using transparent silicones that have no color (eg PL0010, PL10, PL20, PL30, PL40, Smooth-On Mold Star, Smooth-On Dragon Skin, etc.).
- The level in each bottle and the fluidity may vary due to the different specific gravity of each color.
- Note: We advise you to test to make sure the pigments are compatible with your silicone system because each system has a different degree of color tolerance.
SILICONE PIGMENTS ARE A PRODUCT INTENDED ONLY FOR PROFESSIONALS THUS IT IS IMPORTANT TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE. ;
KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN
- Shake the bottle before use
- Add the appropriate drops to component A of the silicone and mix well to achieve the desired coloring. Do not overload the silicone with pigment as this may lead to inhibition of curing/drying.
- Mix the silicone A+B material well and according to the proportions of each silicone.
- Pour the silicone into the mold.
This data should not be used as a specification. The values quoted are for typical purposes and should not be considered minimum or maximum. Our technical advice, whether oral or written, is given in good faith but does not constitute any warranty either oral or written and all products are sold subject to the purchaser making their own tests to determine the quality and suitability of the product for the specific application and conditions. We bear no responsibility for the correct use of the product, nor for the safety of the people using it or their property, all of which are the user's responsibility. Any information or suggestions are without warranty of any kind and buyers are solely responsible for any loss resulting from the use of such information or suggestions. Before using any of our products, users should familiarize themselves with the relevant technical and safety data sheets provided by us.
No files available
No reviews yet